Saturday, Oct. 4, 2003
Dear Fellow Students,
I would like to announce the creation of the Post-baccalaureate Pre-Health Society (PPS). We are the student society of the post-bacc program for students interested in entering healthcare professions. We seek to serve five purposes for our students and the post-bacc program:
1) Provide a social network of students and foster social cohesion and continuity within the student body;
2) Promote professional development for our students in order to learn more about the health professions;
3) Be a liaison between the students and the CGS office, including Dr. Hunter;
4) Become a gateway between our programs and the greater Penn community; and
5) Create an academic support network.
Come learn more about us at our first General Meeting on Thursday, October 9 from 2:30 - 3:30 in the Graduate Student Center (3615 Locust Walk) in room 305. At the meeting we will discuss our goals in further detail, introduce the officers, and hold elections for Committee Chairs (Social Events, Career Development, Public Relations, and Academic Resources). We realize that many people will be unable to attend the meeting due to class, work, or other obligations. If you would like to run for a position but cannot make the meeting, please let me know, and one of the officers can nominate you and read a statement on your behalf.
In addition to the general meeting, please join us for our first Happy Hour that evening. We are working with a couple of local bars to secure a location, but we intend to have a place from 7:30 - 9:30 on Thursday, October 9. We'll send out another announcement once we have a venue.
We hope to see you all at the events on Thursday. Any questions can be addressed directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The PPS Executive Board and Founding Members
Rick Kiok, Neil Puri, Marichris Ancheta, Chioma Nkwocha, and Asghar Rivzi